Wednesday, October 06, 2010

Not Actually That Death-Defying

Continuing the cycling-to-work thing, I'm now cycling through central London to London Bridge, which is a world apart from the relatively calm cycling I was doing before.

Previously my journey was pretty straightforward, with the last 3-4 miles on a bush track. Now... not so much.

Currently it is more like - down High St Kensington, through Hyde Park, under Wellington Arch, down Constitution Hill, round Buckingham Palace, Past St James park, past the Houses of Parliament and Big Ben, over Westminster Bridge, and then behind Waterloo till you hit London Bridge.

Mostly picturesque (except the last bit)

Whereas the highlights of my last trip were the BBC Television Centre and Wormwood Scrubs Prison (and Queen Charlotte's, where the girls were born).

Traffic is not nearly as dangerous as I thought - mainly due to the lowish speed I imagine. Pedestrians seem to be more of a hazard.

And occasionally, you have to take a detour due to some dudes on horses doing something ceremonial-like.



1 comment:

Madre said...

Brilliant about new contract! Keep up the cycling - you'll be a reborn young hotshot in no time!

XXX