Sunday, September 09, 2007

Fourth Trimester (aka Photo Extravaganza)




Recently a certain little mouse turned 3 months old, the point at which everyone says Things Should Have Gotten A Lot Better - which thankfully appears to be the case. Pretty much from about six weeks in, Emily has been sleeping more, been more active and responsive, and becoming a little person, increasingly fun to be with.

Certainly my working part-time over this time has made things a lot easier for all of us, and has been very nice to see Emily change - sometimes day to day... Looks like I've managed to organise some days working from home over the next few months as well, so I can keep up my mouse fix.

Highlights of the last few months:

Toadman (aka Adrian) got married - one advantage of having the grandparents around was that Alix and I were able to to attend his wedding and reception - probably a good call since I was his best man. He wasn't struck by lightning when he entered the church, which was a bit of a suprise, but thankfully the lack of any other surprises made for a very pleasant day out - and I (somehow) managed to come up with anecdotes that were suitable for a more, er, genteel audience.





The Happy Couple..










The English Summer - well, it was cancelled, but we managed to get out to a few BBQ's (including one mad jaunt when Emily was 2 weeks old), and hosted one ourselves which we got some kiwi couples from the local mums and babies group, resulting in a house full of babies!

Road trip - Went down to Truro (Cornwall) on business, and managed to fit some swanning around - including a visit to the Eden Project, which was very cool. I'm still curious about the quantity of drugs it must have taken to come up with the idea, frankly.




Madness. But glorious madness.










Wedding Anniversary - 4 glorious years!! Yay to Alix for agreeing to marry me!


Aaaand... a selction of recent photos of a certain mouse, starting with some roadtrip photos, of Emily in her stylish Gap gear, a gift from Gerhild and Eff...



















Little cute green dress..
















Passed out the prayer rug we got on our last China trip...
















And just some random cuteness




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You guys have an awesome baby. And congratulations on the anniversary!

(Also, I agree vis a vis drugs and the Eden Project, but I would really love to see it. Next trip for sure).

Dave V